The SOAR functions at the intersection of all departments. The primary interest of department is to educate and outreached society’s insight. In an attempt to develop a proper education program, we do our own research after consultation with all departments. Our keen interests of focus are:
- Review and document projects
- Organize training, seminars and symposium
- Publication of the internationally peer-reviewed journal
- Enhance and promote public education on environment
- Conferment of JSW-OESA award for excellent stewardship services
- Annual reports, newsletter and advertisement
News & Events
“Fruits for all” Initiative Launched in Thimphu
The Bhutan Ecological Society (BES) has launched the project entitled ‘Fruits for all’ on...
The School for Field Studies (SFS) Spring Semester Program Begun
A three-month Spring Semester Program on Himalayan Environment and Society in Transition begun from...
Labeling of Common Flora and Bird Species along Taktsang Trail
The project is an initiative of the Bhutan Ecological Society to disseminate information regarding...